For business owners, the most important things are our staff, and our assets.
We all generally underestimate risk and prevention and overstate regretful outcome.
We will safeguard a set of your keys, unmarked in a local key vault, ready for when the need arises to respond to any spontaneous situation at your business.
We can also be on hand to allow access to contractors or tradesmen for pre-arranged work to be carried out safely and with no disruption to you.
There are many risks and challenges associated with having a member of staff act as a key holder. By using Community Protection - SW, you can eliminate these risks, while taking the pressure and added responsibility from your employees.
Employers should be cautious about asking their own employees to respond to out-of-hours alarm activations. There are several potentially serious questions you need to address;
• Do you have an effective health and safety lone worker system in use?
• Who will support them if they are confronted or attacked by an offender?
• Does your employee have the confidence to go into a situation where they may have to deal with an offender and have they received satisfactory conflict management training?
• Are your key holders trained in crime scene management, including the preservation of evidence?
As an alternative, we can provide a security officer as an escort to meet your key holder and accompany them whilst they investigate alarm activations.
During office hours Community Protection – SW would firstly attempt to establish remotely whether the alarm has been triggered accidentally, saving you the cost of unnecessary call outs.
A pre-agreed code word would be required if no attendance is requested (in case of potential live incident or hostage situations).
If a response is required, and for all out-of-hours activations, an appropriately vetted Security Industry Accredited (SIA) professional will attend who can identify the trigger and assess whether to call the emergency services or deal spontaneously with the situation.
In the case of a break in, flood or fire we can arrange for emergency contractors to come and help secure the site. We will stay, if necessary keeping in direct communication with you, to resolve any situation efficiently and effectively.
A detailed report will follow.
Other Emergency Response
Devon and Cornwall Police offer a Key Holder Details Database, so that in the event of any emergency at your address, a dedicated key holder can be called.
Consider using Community Protection – SW as your dedicated key holder.
This can be beneficial:
• If you have a monitored alarm, for incidents which affect your premises but the alarm isn’t activated. Or if the alarm is activated but access to the property is required to fully resolve the situation.
• If you have an audible only alarm and the Police are made aware of an activation, they can contact your recorded key holder.
• Even if your home or business has no alarm at all, if something should happen at your address when you are not there, the Emergency Services will know who to contact.